We have finally reached the deadline for contest submissions and as of now, the contest is closed.
The judges will deliberate and on or before 20th August, will announce the winners.
Thank you all so much for participating and contributing your awesome artwork
We want to open the contest to all forms of art found in our group - photos, photomanipulations and traditional art alike.
We know that contests are often "purist" and that they either insist on one form, or on separating the forms, but we want to mix it all up because we feel that a great work of art is a great work of art, regardless of the medium.
Our admins and judges have many skills and lots of experience so naturally, when judging the work, we will use the criteria appropriate to the art form (for example, when judging photography versus manips versus traditional art, we will keep in mind qualities and challenges inherent to those specific techniques) but overall, the criteria remain the same - composition, quality and artistic impression are to be found in all modalities.
This time, it being summer and all, we decided to have a topic "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"
As you can imagine, the artistic interpretations of this are really varied, from perspective, scale, subjects, concepts, emotional content, it can work equally well for a macro droplet shot as it can for a drawing of a rainy city, or abstract of raindrops, backlit bokeh, emotional portrait, rainbows and here I will shut up because I am sure that each and every one of you has many ideas on how they can express "seeing the rain" in their art
So, guys, the challenge is on!
THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. All artwork must be your own, and somehow clearly relate to the topic "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"
2. We accept old and new pictures, just NO dA OR ANY OTHER OBSCURING WATERMARKS please. It will not disqualify you but it will make it very hard for us to see the picture and it will certainly decrease your chances of winning. Personal, discrete watermarks are perfectly acceptable though.
3. You may enter up to 3 artworks into the competition, but not more than that.
4. If entering with a photomanipulation you must declare all your sources with links to the specific files you have used. Needless to say, you must have permission to use the files in your artwork. Photomanipulations must be real and genuine, which means, you must significantly alter the stock images. Simple editing of a stock photo will not be accepted.
5. If entering with traditional art piece, and you used another picture as a reference, you must link to it and also, you must have permission to use it.
6. If entering with a photograph, it must be your own work, and it can be captured by a digital or film camera. Usage of textures, actions and such is allowed, but you must declare your source if it is a stock image, otherwise, specify that you used your own texture (like bokeh and such). You must specify if your textures are made pre-shooting (ie. shooting through textured paper), in-camera (ie. double exposure) or in post-proocessing (ie. layers in photoshop). All versions are accepted, but you must be honest. All artwork that inaccurately declares technique or sources will be disqualified.
7. The contest will run from 10th July until 10th August, after which date the folder will be closed for submissions Judges will deliberate until the 20th of August, when the winners will be announced.
8. Please post all your entries to our Favourites folder titled "CONTEST - "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" which is found here [link]
Just click on "Suggest a favourite" and add your artwork. You may add up to 3 pieces to this Collection folder.
You can change the entries by removing one and replacing it with another, but beware that each artist can submit only 3 entries in total. In order to qualify, you must mention this contest below your entry picture, in the artist statement, including a [link] to this blog entry.
9. For all enquires or if you need help with anything, please note
10. Out list of prizes and judgsd will be regularly updated throughout the competition, for updates please check here [link]
Good luck everyone!
This is a beginning list, please check frequently for updated list of prizes.
If you are able to, please let me know in comments whether you can contribute by donating a subscription, some of your artwork, a critique or a journal featuire for our winners.
If you donate a prize, you can still participate in the contest, of course.
- The winners of the top 3 places will be featured in the following journals:
(who will also do a News article )
- The Top 25 entries will be featured on front page and in a News article
* 1 year subscription
* one of the following (you may choose what you wish) - a fella plushie - [link] OR - devArt skin [link] OR - devArt T-shirt [link] OR - 1000 points
* 1 high resolution file from gallery to use as a wallpaper or to print at your discression (all rights reserved, only given for personal use, not for resale)
* a critique of a winning photo
* 3 month subscription
* 500 devArt points
* 1 medium resolution file of your choice from gallery
* your choice of a 3 month subscription OR 500 devArt points
this is just a beginning list, soon we will have lots more judges confirmed but for now, your judges are
If you would like to be a judge in this contest, please let me know in the comments or via a note, keeping in mind that if you judge it, you can't compete in it.
Ok, I think that's kinda all for the beginning
Here are some wonderful examples of artwork from our group's Gallery, that relate to our contest topic in a really inspiring way. Enjoy!
these are simply my
opinions and are not
meant to imply that
you should agree or
disagree nor should
these prove to be
offensive in any
way; if I do come
then you have my
Magepresented by the
This article came
about after a
requested that we
write ten clear,
simple tips for
information can be
very useful, but
it down into
chunks is so much
easier. So without
further ado plea...
This feature is for
all the happy
couples in the
world, the love
shared in families,
and for the good
friends.What I see
in these pictures..
The love, the
tenderness.. This is
what I search for. I
really hope I will
find someone like
you already did.Look
upon the sunand
think of that...
Hello everyone! Here
is another volume of
wonderful art! :la:
:heart:I tried using
sta.sh writer wooo
:woohoo: - PLEASE
FAV :+fav: THIS
JOURNAL SO THAT MANY
DEVIANTS CAN SEE IT!
- A NICE COMMENT
MAKES SOMEONE'S DAY
:hug:- THANK YOU FOR
let's share the
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More